[ns] Multiple users editing copies of ns files

Hi,

I have ns installed on a server in a network of unix machines,
and I'm wondering if it is possible to allow multiple copies of the C++ and
tcl files to be located at each user's account such that each user can
compile her/his ns changes wihtout affecting the others.

So my question is, is it possible to make local copies of the
C++ and tcl files only, such that each user can have her/his
own version of ns, while the common ns files (and also programs needed by
ns) be installed only once on the server. Could there be any problems with
such a distribution? Any experiences with that?

Thanks in advance,

hussein.