[ns] Understanding Trace File

I am new at ns2 and have some questions on understanding the "new" trace file.
First, what does it mean by Router, Agent or MAC Trace Level.
Second, under identification -Hd  is sometimes followed by (-) and the node no., eg -1, what does the minus(-) mean.
Finally, Also appreciates if people have information on converting the IP address in the new trace file into standard IP address.

if anyone have other documentation other than the ns-manual on trace file, can you let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Kumarendra Sivarajah (Indran)
[email protected]
Communications Systems Engineering