Re: [ns] Is anyone aware of how to import real traffic traces into NS ?

Hi,

ns supports real trace data, please refer to the ns manual. The
following link may also help:

http://www.research.att.com/~breslau/vint/trace.html

However, if you intend to simulate compressed voice traffic such as
ADPCM, I think ON-OFF model would be accurate enough.

Cheers

Mandeep Baines wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anyone aware of how to import real traffic traces into NS?
> I am trying to import real voice traffic into my simulations.

    Nguyen Huu Thanh

    Universitaet der Bundeswehr Muenchen
    Institut fuer informationstechnische Systeme
    Werner-Heisenberg-Weg 39
    85577 Neubiberg
    Tel.: +49 89 6004-2279
    Email: [email protected]