RE: [ns] about fid_

> >> Do all the packets with the same src_addr_, src_port_, dst_addr_ ,dst_port
> >> and protocol number have the same fid_ in simulation?
> >
> >You set a specific value to fid_. You can choose the meaning it has in
> >your simulation.
> >For example:
> >$udp1 set fid_ 1
>
> So in other words, yes: packets with the same src and dst, address and port get
> the same fid_; since they belong to the same flow...

I think it should not be considered a rule, because fid_ is far more
flexible than any combination of fields, because:

1. Lots of flows may get the same fid_ (like a DiffServ PHB). Thus one
   fid_ value doesn't identify on particular flow.

2. It is possible to  change the fid_ of a flow during simulation, so that
   different packets of a same flow get different values of fid_.

Carlos