Re: [ns] Node out of range (ns-2.1b6)

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Gerald Jeampierre wrote:

> I'm using ns-2.1b6 and I have the following problem: although I've tried
>
> to use  "set-address-format expanded "

$ns set-address-format expanded

> or "Node expandaddr", it 's no
> way I can design more than 128 nodes...

ns 2.1b6 has a new node setup and the expanded space is on by default.
You should be able to use more than 128 nodes without needing either
of the above commands first, and any use of them should come up with a
'deprecated' message...

Quite odd. This is what I get:

$ ns
% set ns [new Simulator]
_o4
% $ns set-address-format expanded
set-address-format expanded is obsoleted by 32-bit addressing.
% Node expandaddr
set-address-format expanded is obsoleted by 32-bit addressing.
Backward compatibility: Use "set-address-format expanded" instead of
"Node expandaddr";
% ns-version
2.1b6-SNAPSHOT-20000220

(wahey! that's more informative than it used to be. ta.)

I think the messages for Node expandaddr could do with a cleanup,
though.

L.