[ns] Question about DSDV path metrics

Hi all,

I'm trying to read up on the DSDV routing protocol C++ code to find the
function the DSDV agent uses to compute the path metric to its neighbors.I
want to make the DSDV agent compute the energy metric in Joules to its
neighbors instead of a path metric in hops i.e. instead of a least hop
path,I want to find the least energy path. I have a few questions here:

Which method in the DSDV class is used to calculate the path metric to
neighbors?

How should I modify this method in order to change the metric from hops to
energy?

How can I obtain an energy metric between two mobile nodes in ns?

Thanks and Regards,

Sheetalkumar Doshi
Graduate Student/Research Assistant
University Of Colorado at Boulder