[ns] Random number generator in ns

Hi all,

	I was somewhat amazed when looking at the implementation of the ns
random number
generator in rng.{cc,h} when I did not want to seed it with 1,2,3 ...

It seems as if there is a table of predefined good seeds
in set_seed, but no otcl Interface to use it. Noticeable is also that
in the code, variables of type long are assigned to variables of types
integer. See e.g.:

seed = predef_seeds[seed] in method RNG::set_seed

So, has anyone out there looked how this random number generator
implementation
actually performs with seeds 1,2,3 and/or this predefined seeds
(e.g. checked autocorrelations of subsequences etc.)
and/or fixed anything?

- Ulrich
--
Ulrich Fiedler