Re: [ns] Lost packets

If a sequence of packets is dropped and it is the last sequence of a flow,
LossMonitor will not record it, as it bases itself on the seq number of packets
to count the lost packets. See lossmonitor.cc::recv(...). In particular if no
packets are received, there won't be any loss...

There are a number of objects that can drop packets, not only queues; make sure
there is no dropping on the path between the monitor and the loss monitor.

>Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:54:31 +0200
>From: Gerald Jeampierre <[email protected]>
>To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
>Subject: [ns] Lost packets
>
>Dear nus-users,
>
>I tried to measure the number of lost packets in my network with two
>methods:
>
>1) using a LossMonitor
>
>2) using queue-monitors
>
>The results I get are different (I let the simulation run sufficiently
>after the end of activity of my sources).
>
>Can someone help me ???
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gerald

Tarik