[ns] RTSThreshhold and cbrgen

I have two questions and wonder if I am doing something wrong.

I go into mac-802_11.h and change the RTSThreshhold from the default 3000 to
300.  I change mac-802_11.cc enough to be able to make mac-802_11.o.  When I
run a greis.tcl wireless file using a cbr source generated from cbrgen, my
trace file output is the same whether I have a 3000 or 300 RTSThreshhold.  I
thought that by changing the threshhold I would start using RTS's in my
simulation.

On another issue, when I generate a tcp source using cbrgen, my resulting
file is the same no matter what rate I put in the command

ns cbrgen.tcll -type tcp -nn 10 -seed 1.0 -mc 8 -rate ??? > filename.

I do a diff on files that were created with a rate of 4.0 and 10.0 and they
are identical.  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance