Re: [ns] Q: need help-- problem when installing ns2:TCL8.0.4

It seems that most of the library files cannot be found . Do you have an unusual configuration
of your linux box ?

Kun-chan Lan

Hi ns2 users,

(I know it's not appropriate to post TCL question
here, but I didn't got answer for a week from the
QA forum there. Sorry about it.)

I tried to install ns2 on Linux (red hat 6.0) box, but
the configuration of tcl8.0.4 didn't pass.
When I ran ./configure, that's part of the result

---------
checking for strncasecmp... (cached) no
checking for-lsocket... (cached) no
checking for -linet... (cached) no
checking for BSDgettimeofday... (cached) no
checking for gettimeofday... (cached)no
checking for gettimeofday declaration... missing
checking for -linet...(cached) no
checking for net/errno.h... (cached) no
checking whether char is unsigned... (cached) no
checking signed char declarations...yes
checking for connect... (cached) no
checking for -lsocket... (cached)no
checking for accept... (cached) no
checking for gethostbyname...(cached) no
checking for -lnsl... (cached) no
checking system version (for dynamic loading)... Linux-2.2.13-4mdk
checking for -ldl... (cached) no
checking for dld.h... (cached) no
Can't figure out how to do dynamic loading or shared libraries
on this system.
checking for sys/ioctl.h... (cached) no
checking for sys/filio.h... (cached) no
checking FIONBIO vs.O_NONBLOCK for nonblocking I/O... O_NONBLOCK
creating./config.status
creating Makefile
creating tclConfig.sh

it seems the some files can be found.
Should I install some software before insatlling TCL?

Thanks in advance!

Liang Qin

Kun-chan Lan
Computer Science, University of Southern California
4915 Sawtelle Blvd #2, Culver City, CA 90230
http://www.isi.edu/~kclan
(H)310-391-7208  (O)310-448-8260