[ns] $mac_ target problem

Dear ns users-developers,
   I have some problem when I run snoop.tcl. btw, I change something in
snoop.tcl, set it to use Mac/802_3 intead of Mac/Csma/Ca, another change
is "set nif $lanlface_($dst)" instead of "set nif $lanIface_([$dst id])"
the above major changes are made to adapt snoop to the new ns
strcture. unfortunately, ns is not compatible with previous versions:)
anyway, I do not think the problem is caused by these changes. I may be
wrong though..

The error msg I got is:
-----------------
warning: Warning: use `drop_tail_' rather than `drop-tail_'

    (_o45 cmd line 1)
    invoked from within
"_o45 cmd target"
    invoked from within
"catch "$self cmd $args" ret"
    (procedure "_o45" line 2)
    (SplitObject unknown line 2)
    invoked from within
"$mac_ target"
    (procedure "_o42" line 3)
    (LanIface add-receive-filter line 3)
    invoked from within
"$nif add-receive-filter $filter"
    (procedure "add-error" line 11)
    invoked from within
"add-error $lan $src $dst $e1"
    (procedure "create-error" line 25)
    invoked from within
"create-error $lan $node(0) $dstlist
$opt(em) $opt(e)  $opt(eu) $opt(trans)"
    invoked from within
"if { [info exists opt(e)] } {
	if { $opt(e) == 0 || $opt(e) == "" } {
		puts "error rate 0 ==> no errors"
	} else {
		if { [info exists opt(www)] } {
..."
    (file "snoop.tcl" line 424)

I guess the problem is with $mac target. Is target still in use? or it is
already replaced by up-target, and down-target?

Thanks in advance!
yan