[ns] Re: Multiple Multicast sessions

> what i find is that sessions with "smaller" id (i.e., those which were
> started first by the simulator based on the for-loop variable) have lower
> losses.

I guess you must be using CBR sources right? In such cases because you do
not insert any randomness into packet generation the ordering of packets
on the aggregate link from all flows are deterministic and you should
expect to see the same drop pattern throughout your simulation. This would
result in what you've seen.

Now you are in charge of your simulation and you can change your cbr
traffic source to add in randomness, say, packet intervals, while maintain
the same average rate. Is that one of the reasons you saw randomness in
real-life traffic?

Please let me know if I missed anything.

- Haobo