Re: [ns] cbr definition

Class Application/Traffic/CBR is defined in ~ns/cbr_traffic.cc inside static class CBRTrafficClass

Kun-chan Lan

> > Is there a .tcl file which defines the Application/Traffic/CBR OTcl
> > class?  I can't find it in ns/tcl/lib/.  Thanks. --Pat.
>
> try ~ns/tcl/lib/ns-default.tcl  or do a "grep" in ~ns/tcl/lib
>
> Kun-chan Lan

I've tried that, and found nothing.  In ns-default.tcl, there are some
initializations of variables in various classes, and grep in ns/tcl/lib
produced no lines of the form "Class Application/Traffic/CBR", which is
what I expected to see, nor anything else that seemed like a class
definition.  Seems strange to me.  Doesn't every OTcl class which mirrors
some compiled C++ class have to be defined in that manner in some .tcl
file?  Or can some new OTcl classes be defined solely through the
execution of C++ methods within the mirrored C++ classes?

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I'm making no progress with figuring this
out -- and it seems like a very basic thing overall.

--Pat.

Kun-chan Lan
Computer Science, University of Southern California
4915 Sawtelle Blvd #2, Culver City, CA 90230
http://www.isi.edu/~kclan
(H)310-391-7208  (O)310-448-8260