Re: [ns] packet header

I think in ns traffic source/application is built on top of transport agent . see chap 30 of ns manual .

Kun-chan Lan

Yes I saw that too. But why is it doen like this ? Suppose I want to
monitor TCP flows. I would like to see them as TCP. Logically they are
application agents and should not send change the trasport header

Whats your opinion ?

Debo

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Kun-Chan Lan wrote:

> I think the type is reset in expoo.cc
>
> Kun-chan Lan
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I ran a simulation with an exponential traffic source connected to a TCP
> > agent between 2 links A, B. In the traffic source I saw that the packet
> > header type was exp rather than tcp. According to the source, send_much
> > calls output which results in allocpkt(). allocpkt() uses the same types
> > as defined by the constructor (in this case PT_TCP). Then why do I get
> > exp. When I used CBR traffic, the trace says that it is cbr. Am I missing
> > something very trivial.
> >
> > Debo

Kun-chan Lan
Computer Science, University of Southern California
4915 Sawtelle Blvd #2, Culver City, CA 90230
http://www.isi.edu/~kclan
(H)310-391-7208  (O)310-448-8260