[ns] ECN problem

I am running a competing ECN capable and plain RED flow with 10 Plain RED flows
in background. The TCP type is Reno for all of them. I am facing a problem
decribed below.

For ECN flow consecutive packets numbered(say) 10,11 are forced dropped. After
that packet 10 is recovered by dup-acks received due to packets 12,13,14.
packets 15,16 are transmitted after that. packet 11 is recovered by
retransmission timer. However when packet 11 is re-sent it's marked with
CE(congestion Exprienced) bit so ack of packet 16 comes with ECE(ECN -Echo Ack)
bit marked. The flow stops after that while there are still a lot of packets to
be transmitted.??

Packet numbers are arbitrary. any help/info will be appreciated.

rupinder
[email protected]