Re: [ns] 802.11 beacons

Jee-Hyun Park wrote:

> Dear sir;
>
> I also had the same problem.
> To solve this, I analyzed the related files in ns-2.
> However, I could not find any code about beacon.
> At that time, I thought that ns-2 didn't fully support 802.11.
>
> Therefore, I think that the change of period of beacon is not possible yet.
> If I am wrong, could you tell me?
>
> Regards.

Hello there
but there must be a code in there saying when to start exchanging mac
messages
for the mobile discovery, so i will continue to look for it.
btw, have u achieved frequent handovers (at the mac layer) in your
simulation?
If yes could u please send me an email?

(i forwarded this email also to the mailing list in case that someone
could help
 us out)

--
|George G. Karavitis       [email protected]|
|MSc in Communication Systems Engineering|