Re: [ns] trace

I would say that a mobile node would have no choice but to have a single
interface; whereas a static node could have more that one (say a 802.3 interface
+ a routing interface for example) and that node-config only allows for one type
of interface. Correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't a node (static) be able to
have a different type of stack (phy-mac-ll) for each network interface?

>Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:47:24 -0700
>From: Kun-Chan Lan <[email protected]>
>To: Yan Yu <[email protected]>
>CC: ns-users <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: [ns] trace
>
>yes, it seems to me that node-config only works for wireless (see ns-node.tcl
>)
>
>Kun-chan Lan
>
>> Hi, all,
>>   Thank you for the answers to my previous trace file Q:)
>> I have a Q about how to turn on the MAC layer trace. I am wodnering if the
>> new node configuration only applies to wireless node, or it can be applied
>> to any ns node.
>>  I use the following lines to turn MAC trace on:
>>
>> $ns  node-config  -llType  LL   \
>>                    -macType  Mac/802_3  \
>>                    -agentTrace  ON  \
>>                    -routerTrace ON  \
>>                    -macTrace    ON
>>
>> and use [$ns node] to create node later,
>>
>> I did not see MAC trace in the trace file..
>>
>> DOes anyone have any idea about what might be the problem?
>>
>> Thanks!!
>> yan
>
>--

>Kun-chan Lan
>Computer Science, University of Southern California
>4915 Sawtelle Blvd #2, Culver City, CA 90230
>http://www.isi.edu/~kclan
>(H)310-391-7208  (O)310-448-8260

Tarik