[ns] a theoretical question about TCP

Hi everybody!

I have a theoretical question concerning TCP and i didn't manage to find
the answer yet even if it can appear to be a simple question. Perhaps
some of you could give me a clue.

The number of packets that can be sent on a link is maximised by the
bandwidth*delay product. What happens in case we reach this
bandwidth*delay product and that we did not experience any congestion
event yet? Does cwnd continues to grow indefinitely (cwnd= cwnd +
1/cwnd)? I have made some simulations and have seen that awnd was
growing indefinitely as well. So what is the point of trying to send
let's say 10 segments if we are limited by the BW*delay product to 4
segments? In case of congestion, to which value will cwnd be equal:
10/2=5 or 4/2=2?
Thanks for your help

Fabienne
begin:vcard