Re: [ns] Mobile Nodes and 802.11 LANs

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Tarik Alj wrote:

> Take a look at what newLan does: call LanNode init and calls to AddNode. If the
> problem only comes from the fact that LanNode borrows an id_ from Node you might
> be able to overide it.

The problem is not in the making of the lan (wireless or not) but in
routing functions. As
mobile nodes doesn't appear in the Node_ array, I get fatal errors in
basic functions like compute-routes because of get-node-by-id.
Therefore, shoud I:
- modify ns-lib.tcl so that mobile nodes appear in Node_,
- modify ns-routes.tcl so that routing functions doesn't care about those
nodes.

As I don't understand very well how hierarchical routing works, I
don't know which solution is the best.

--
Lucas Barri�re

[email protected]
http://aemiaif.lip6.fr/etudiants/lucas
UNIX is user-friendly. it's just selective about who its friends are.