Re: [ns] Bugs in NS and other questions...

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Will Shaver wrote:

> > > I've tried several different variations, including newing a traffic agent and
> > > assigning it to the noise server, and changing the Agent/TCP/Newreno to other
> > > things. It keeps giving me the same error,
> >
> > You should use somehting like (assuming you are using the last release)
> >
> > set src [new Application/Traffic/Pareto]
> > $src attach-agent $tcp
> >
> > The commands that you are using seem to be very old. Please get the most
> > recent ns manual from the ns web site http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/
> > Or you may find examples from tcl/ex/ in your ns installation.
>
> so.. is this:
> http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-man.html
> page no longer current then?

Despite surviving the recent move from berkeley to isi, it's not
current (most of the urls and email addresses are wrong), and
last I checked it's not accurate, e.g.:

 If proto is `pimDM' Protocol Independent Multicast Dense mode is
 simulated.

pimDM support was removed well over a year ago... in particular, the
object hierarchy is woefully wrong wrt current ns, as you'll see if
you play with Antoine Clerget's java-based browser.

A big disclaimer and link to:
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-documentation.html
at the top of that manpage would be a good idea. Maintaining one
current reference appears hard enough...

L.