[ns] TclSetupEnv

Hello ns-users,
I had a perfectly working version  (2.1b6) of ns on my red hat
5.2 linux pc, the only problem being that I couldn't compile
rng.cc (a RaNdom Generator useful for setdest, the CMU util to
generate scenario files), because I lacked a file, cc1plus.

I found on the web:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/1999-10n/msg00437.html

this message saying that I should install egcs-c++ RPM.
So I did install egcs-1.1.2-30.i386.rpm, and because of failed
dependencies I also had to install

glibc-2.1.3-15.i386.rpm
cpp-1.1.2-30.i386.rpm
and
binutils-2.9.5.0.22-6.i386.rpm

now  ns compile with some errors:

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/ns-allinone-2.1b6/ns-2.1b6/indep-utils/cmu-scen-gen/setdest'
gcc -o setdest setdest.o rng.o -Dstand_alone   \
-lnsl -ldl -lm
setdest.o: In function `init(void)':
setdest.o(.text+0x1e7): undefined reference to `__eh_pc'
setdest.o: In function `main':
setdest.o(.text+0x7e3): undefined reference to `__eh_pc'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [setdest] Error 1

and when I run a simulation based on wireless_pkt_demo.tcl
which worked well before the mess, I get:

0x400d270b in TclSetupEnv ()
Current language:  auto; currently c
(gdb)

TclSetupEnv is present in the following files on my machine:

./nam-1.0a8/nam
./otcl-1.0a5/otclsh
./otcl-1.0a5/owish
./tclbox/lib/libtcl8.0.a
./tclbox/bin/tclsh8.0
./tclbox/include/tclInt.h
./tkbox/bin/wish8.0
./bin/nam

How can I get back to a properly-working ns?

Thanks,

--
Robin