Re: header size was Re: [ns] Trust on the simulator

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Lloyd Wood wrote:

> FullTcp wasn't working over the satellite code, since that
> had copied a bit of code from elsewhere that arbitrarily increased
> packet size by 20 in the routing agent - something you might do for
> the necessary tunnelling needed for separating addressing
> realms, so it seemed a locally reasonable thing to do.

(satroute.cc delta v1.8-1.9)

of course, until now I'd not got around to figuring out that we
should be decrementing it again later, or where... we weren't
preserving symmetry.

doh. mip.cc does that much, at least.

(I still think a per-packet encapsulation record is a nice idea,
because then at least you can check a record of mangling for
symmetry.)

L.

<[email protected]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood>