Re: [ns] get-node-by-address

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Ana Delgado wrote:

> Hi!
>
> When using this function to get the address of a particular node:
> "get-node-by-address" I get the following error:
>
> While executing cannot find node with given address...
>
> I'm sure the node exists because the simulation has been running properly
> until I changed to an hierarchical environment, btw, can it be the reason?

the node must be present in the Node_ array. As you can see in ns-lib.tcl,
this is not the case for mobile nodes.

> Which function gives me the address of a node in a multicast or hierarchical
> simulation?

I modified ns-lib.tcl so that mobile node also appears in Node_.
                if {[info exists wiredRouting_] && $wiredRouting_ == "ON"}
		{
                   set Node_([$node id]) $node
                } else {
                   puts "$node -> Node_()"
                   set Node_([$node id]) $node
                }
no problems with this so far...

--
Lucas Barri�re

[email protected]
http://aemiaif.lip6.fr/etudiants/lucas
UNIX is user-friendly. it's just selective about who its friends are.