[ns] getting Nukmber of retransmitted packets(loss packets)

Hello.

Can anyone tell me how to compute the number of lost
packets and retransmitted packets from a TCPDUMP
output. My belief is that number of lost packets will
be different than the number of retransmitted packets
as some packets might be discarded by receiver if FEC
fails. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Walter