Re: [ns] werid delay between enqueue and dequeue

Bo,

>Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 19:25:05 +0100 (BST)
>From: Lloyd Wood <[email protected]>
>To: Bo Wen <[email protected]>
>cc: Tarik Alj <[email protected]>, [email protected]
>Subject: Re: [ns] werid delay between enqueue and dequeue
>
>On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Bo Wen wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your hints.  But I checked out the queue code, that it seems there
is
>> no scheduled time related code.  You know, ns uses the relative time, so how
>> is this delay implemented?  Since I am simulating the circuit switching,which
>> assumes that there is no extra delay on the link except the link propagation
>> delay,
>> How can I remove this sort of queuing delay?

what do you mean by "scheduled time"? Queueing delay is not a fixed or
scheduled, it only depends on the number of packets present in the queue when a
packet arrives. If you don't want to have any delay at all, set the queue size
to 1 packet. But then expect some drops where you had delay...

>Do you have different link bandwidths?

if circuit switching I assume the network is properly dimensionned... so there
should be no bottle-necks, therefore minimum drops. But why would different link
bandwidth would pose a problem?

>L.
>
><[email protected]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

Tarik