[ns] using SRM

Hello, all:

        In ns manual, there is a chapter about webcache and send real
data. the one based on Tcp is very tricky, since it uses call back
function to get data from the sender,however, as far as I know, this only
applies to one-to-one connection. I am think if we can have a global
linked list to store the sent data, and the receiver can get data from
this list directly. while every element in the list keeps a counter
recording how many potential receivers it has, when a receiver get one
copy, just decrease the counter , and the last one free the buffer, so
that this way can apply to one -to -many case.
     I am doing SRM to send real data, one way to do is like udp , but I
think maybe it is better  if the method above can work, then
I have to know in-fly how many members in a group, is it possible?

thank you

sencun