[ns] Node Movement in 3 dimensions

Dear ns experts,
   The function MobileNode::set_destination() and update_position
assume that nodes will move in (x,y) plan only.

   Since the nodes in my models will move in (x,y, z) plan,
can I modify dz and Z in those functions without affecting
other ns functions ? I'm concerned due to a comment in the
set_destination() which says that :

         dz = 0.0;  // this isn't used since flying isn't allowed

If I need to add the z dimension, is there anything else
that I should modify in addition to the above functions
and the Received Power calculation in propagation.cc ??

Thanks,
Lam