Re: [ns] DSDV Periodic Updates frequency

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, DOSHI  SHEETALKUMAR RAVINDRA wrote:

>  I wish to change the frequency at which DSDV periodic updates
> are sent.I have looked through the source code of dsdv, but I'm not sure
> abt what to do. It would a great help if anyone could guide me on this
> matter.

dsdv.h:  double perup_;  // 15 (secs)  period between updates
[..]
dsdv.cc:  alpha_ (0.875),  wst0_ (6), perup_ (15),
dsdv.cc:  bind_time ("perup_", &perup_);

(wow, comments a long way from code)

already bound for your convenience, so set in Tcl as you would other
bound variables; annoyingly entirely differently named to the
conceptually-similar advertInterval used in the (entirely separate and
Tcl) DV routing code.

The delay function appears to be hardcoded in a couple of places as
e.g.:

      // put the periodic update sending callback back onto the
      // the scheduler queue for next time....
      s.schedule (helper_, periodic_callback_,
                  perup_ * (0.75 + jitter (0.25, be_random_)));

hth,

L.

gah, criticising code is _so_ much easier than writing it.