Re: [ns] ns simulator

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Pang Kin Hoong wrote:

>     Anyone can help ? I am learning the tutorial on the given web
> http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/tutorial/nsscrip3.html on Network Dynamics.
> I have a problem on the dynamic routing  :
>
>     After i add the command $ns rtproto DV ,I suppost to have output of
> routed through the node 6,5 and 4 when the link goes down(breakdown) between
> the node 1 and 2.
>
> Output/nam output
> 1: The breakdown link between node 1 and 2 in 1s to 2s.
> 2: The data transferring between the nodes are loss after adding the above
> line/command.

You are using ns 2.1b6, and DV routing is broken in ns 2.1b6.
It was fixed in a later snapshot.

http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-problems.html
says:

Problem:When I use DV routing I don't get any traffic.

      Solution:This is fixed in the snapshot of 14 February 2000.
      You could also apply the patches
in: http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/archive/ns-users/webarch/2000/msg00635.html.

L.