Re: [ns] web version of ns manual moved and updated

>To: ns users <[email protected]>
>Subject: [ns] web version of ns manual moved and updated
>Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:14:50 -0700
>From: John Heidemann <[email protected]>
>

>The web version of ns manual (formerly "ns notes and documentation")
>has been moved and updated.
>
>It now lives in
>	<http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/>
>and should be updated at midnight every day (US West coast time).

since it should be updated, can the chapter on LANs (13) also be updated?
MacClassifier is not used anymore, neither is CSMA. At the very least a warning
sign of some sort could indicate wich pages are not up to date or reference old
stuff that is not in use in current versions.

Sincerely,

Tarik.

>In addition, gzip'ed postscript and pdf versions are at
>	<http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/ns_doc.ps.gz>
>	<http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/ns_doc.pdf>
>
>This change hopefully clears up several problems with the manual
>(inaccurate webification of some pages, failure of the automatic
>updates, etc.).  Unfortuantely, most of the figures are still broken
>in the web version (although correct in both ps and pdf).
>
>(The date in the ps and pdf files should now only change when we add
>documentation, not everyday.  The most recent version is labeled "July
>7, 2000".  Unfortunately this does not hold for the html version.)
>
>   -John Heidemann

Tarik Alj

INRS-Telecommunications
Place Bonaventure