Re: [ns] gnuplot xgraph etc

>Write a few simple awk scripts and you can generate almost anything from
>the trace files.
>
>Debo
>
>On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Will Shaver wrote:
>
>> Are there any tutorials online specifically for turning a tracefile into
>> a graph? I know that there are scripts located in ~/ns/bin for this, but
>> can't figure out how to use them. I've been able to use raw2gp to create
>> a file, but haven't been able to use the file to generate a graph. (It
>> has some strange stuff after a " at the top that gnuplot doesn't like.)

The scripts in ~ns/bin are unfortunately not formally documented,
although most show "usage" commands if you run them with the argument
-?.

Also, many are used by the test suites and example programs so you can
use that as examples.

Debo is right that awk or perl post-processing is good for many, many
things, although some of the things in bin are meant to replace
constantly re-writing the same awk/perl program.

   -John