Re: [ns] Problem to define a new tracefile for TraceGenerator

LAN and WAN traces are available in the Internet Traffic Archive at
http://ita.ee.lbl.gov/html/traces.html

Most of these traces are in the ascii format and need to be converted to a
NS readable format before using them inside a tcl script. A simple
conversion program in C is available at
http://www.research.att.com/~breslau/vint/trace.html

Also, it might be good idea to have a look at the section on Traffic
generation using a trace file in the NS manual.

As regards to generating your own traces, I believe, tcpdump might
help...but I haven't tried it.

Ishan.