Re: [ns] when dupACK keeps arriving, TCP Reno doesn't send packetseven though there are no outstanding packets. Why?

I met the same problem as well, the Reno reaction is rediculous. Hope can
get response to this thread.

My simulation is a TCP link with an error model which drops packet
according to a probability. If this probability is big, TCP/Reno or other
source agent sometimes stop transmit packet even there is no packet
outstanding, very similar to Yingfei's case.

> And I don't understand how you can get 44 duplicate ACKs. Does
> that mean you have lost 44 packets? Or you have 44 packets
No. I think this is because retransmission failed so more dupACK was send,
and what strange is no timeout occur at this point, so more dupACK was
send continuously, and so on...