[ns] queue monitor

Hi, there,

   I am wondering if there are any function allowing me to trigger
certain action/commands when arrival packet number in a link/queue (or
departure packets, total packets, etc.) reach certain threshold? (e.g,
I'd like to trigger "$agent send" when "parrival_=20,000")

   The only way as my knowledge is to probe the queue monitor from time
to time and check the packet number, which seems quite inefficient. ( or
this is the only way I have to stick with?!)

Any hints are appreciated.

thanks.
-Baoqing