[ns] ns installation on Solaris 2.6 for several users

Dear all,

We would like to install the allinone ns 2.1b6 version on a Solaris 2.6
machine.

We would like to share the simulator among a few users in the department.

As I have understood, everytime we add a new protocol to ns (new C++ file) we
need to compile the simulator again (make dep, make).
So, I guess new developments are normally done in the ns directory and not in
the separate home directories. Is this correct?
For that we should create a group with write permissions on the ns directory.

Could anybody tell me which is the best way to install ns in the machine be
shared by several users and at the same time to allow compilation of the
simulator itself?

Thanks in advance,
Oscar del Rio

European Space Agency