Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 20:01:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ping Pan <[email protected]>
To: Qingming Ma <[email protected]>
Cc: Peter Ashwood-Smith <[email protected]>, mpls <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: traces to simulate QoS requests

Hi,

To study RSVP behavior, you can also modify the ns-2 RSVP code. Please go
to http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~pingpan/paper_list.html for one of my
recent papers on lightweight reservation mechanisms. I had simulated a
good sized network and generated on/off RSVP requests with different bw
requirements. The call duration is also adjustable. We had found some
interesting problems with RSVP blockade mechanism, and worked out some
enhancements.

BTW, I know we cannot model data flows in possion, but what's wrong with
possion arrival for reservation requests?

Thanks!

- Ping Pan