[ns] failed tests

Hi all,
  When I do a validate after installing the latest release of ns,I get some
failed tests in webcache..In the archives,there was a question about
this..But, there was no reply on how to resolve this problem..I am
installing ns on SunOs5.7. I did not apply the two patches that comes with
the release(geog.patch and PosixStr.patch) because I did not run into any
compile problems which required these patches..Should I apply them anyways
and if so where...Also, how do I get over the failed validation problem..

Thanks.
Jeyandran