RE: [ns] question about the shortest path

Hi,

I think what is happening is as follows (someone
please correct me if I'm wrong!).  When the
scenario files are created using the CMU "setdest"
file, the shortest path from source to destination
is calculated using the assumption that radios
that are <= 250 meters can communicate successfully.
When the simulation is actually run, however, you
can have successful communication at distances a
little bit larger than this, and so shorter paths
to the destination can be found.  For example, you
can look and see that radios that are a distance of
250.003 meters apart can successfully communicate
with each other, but the GOD data would say that
since this distance is greater than 250 meters,
they are out of range.  You can also see this occasionally
when your network fragments (for which the GOD
data will indicate no path exists).

This will trigger the "Actual RT Length < Optimal" error
if you run totals.pl on the output trace file.

hope this helps,

jeff