[ns] Same script but different results

Hi Haobo and all ns-users,

I have a small question, I'm running 2 tcl-script, one of them is different from the other by some additional parameter, but when I put these additional parameter to 0(NULL) then the scripts should be exactly the same.

I put the additional parameters to 0 and I run the 2 script to see if they give the same results but unfortunately sometimes the results are different. I'm using UDP and TCP sources with exponential traffic and I modified expoo.cc a bit, but I'm using the same expoo.cc for the two script. I have noticed that the results are different when I'm using large idle and burst time. I couldn't find any differences when the idle and burst time are small

Large TCP idle/burst time= 260/295
Large UDP idle/burst time= 70/70

Small TCP idle/burst time= 5/5
small UDP idle/burst time= 2/2

The scripts are: prog2.tcl = prog1.tcl + the following lines:

set TU-CELL 1
set TU_OFFSET_ST 0.00577

for {set i 0} {$i < 8} {set i [expr $i+1]}{
	if {$TU_CELL == 1} { 		;#TU_CELL == 0, which means that we allways go to else
		set TU_OFFSET($i) [expr $i * $TU_OFFSET_ST]
	}else{
		set TU_OFFSET($i) 0
	}
}

As I mentioned I have add some more variables that I put to 0. The variables are:

$eudp($k) set dtx_ 0

$eudp($k) set tu_cell_ 0

$eudp($k) set hd_comp_ 0

I hope I made my self rather clear.