[ns] packet headers!

Hi all,

I am simulating a simple toplogy with one source node and one
destination as shown below and a TCP agent with a Telnet source is
attached to the source node.

            Source_node ----------- Dest_node

The NS manual indicates that

hdr_cmn::access(packet)->size_

is the size of the (Application + IP + TCP) layer.  In "allocpkt"
function, I couldn't see the size of the Application header being
initialized unless this is what the "hdr_rtp" structure is doing.

1. Can anyone tell me which is the function that initializes the size
   of the Application layer?

2. Also, what is the link layer used in NS by default ?  Or, in a simple
   script such as the one provided in Marc Greiss's tutorial, is a link
   layer header simulated as part of the packet at all?

Any pointers or suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Sowmya.

    Sowmya Manjanatha : University of New Hampshire
    Major             : Computer Science

    email        : [email protected]

    Call me at   : (978)-689-8860 (res)
                   (603)-862-4626 (unh)