[ns] CMU extensions installation

Hi all,

I need help on the CMU extensions' installation

During the installation of the ns2-allinone- 2.1b6 package. I had problems with the indep-utils/webtrace-conv.
So, following a sugestion from an AODV expert, I commented webtrace-conv/* in my Makefile.in located in the ns-2.1b6 directory and then reinstall.
It worked perfectly.  I won't need the webtrace-conv stuff, so no big deal and not having them.

Then, I downloaded the CMU extensions and followed the procedures in the CMU extension manual to install.
Everything was going fine, however, when I did the sh configure-2 command I got errors in the very last part of the procedure

sed: ./tcl/lib/ns-autoconf.tcl.in : No such a file or directory

cat: ./autoconf.h.in: No such file or directory

I tried a fix by copying the existent files from the ns2.1b6 source tree into my ns-src directory. The errors disappeared. But when I tried to
make depend; make clean
I got a
Fatal error in the reader: Makefile, line 214: Macro assignment on dependency line

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?

I really need the CMU extensions but looking at the configure-2 code (which is a copy of the configure file of the ns2.1b6 directory) it seems that I am having problems at the very end of the code.
Since I am not a Unix guy I am having troubles to figure out by my self.

I appreciate any help.
Leo from NPS