[ns] Announcement: PTP (explicit rate feedback) for ns

Hi,

I would like to contribute my code to the ns project; it is an
implementation of PTP, roughly following draft-welzl-ptp-03.txt
(limitations are in the readme file).

PTP could be described as some kind of explicit rate feedback mechanism;
you can read more about it at http://www.tk.uni-linz.ac.at/~michael/ptp/
The ns-2 implementation (written for and tested with ns-2.1b6) is
available from the download page:
http://www.tk.uni-linz.ac.at/~michael/ptp/download.html

The distribution contains a readme file, installation instructions
and a simple example demonstrating the usage of PTP. There is also
a more complicated simulation script based on PTP at the download page.
Please let me know if you need anything else added, or if I should
change something at the page.

And you're of course welcome to join the ABR-Internet mailing list
if you're interested   :)

Cheers,
Michael Welzl