[ns] installation on irix

Hi all,
  I am trying to install ns-allinone in a irix 6.5.x machine(origin 2000).
It fails when trying to install otcl when trying to make owish. The
compile line looks very suspicious with something like
gcc -g -o2 -I <all the include files come here> DEFINES= =DNDEBUG etc..
So, the makefile that is being is generated is not right and gcc complains
about DEFINES: no such file or directory..
Also, previously I get a warning message saying that the install was not
able to figure out how to load dynamic libraries or shared libraries on
this system..Hence, setting VSTATIC to ""..

Since this did not work out I tried installing on another SunOs
machine..There was a compile problem with my-endian.cc which I fixed by
forcing data types..Later when doing the validation, it failed in some
tests in the web-cache-dev..I am not sure how to fix this..

Can someone help me with these problems..

Thanks.
Jeyandran