Re: [ns] Full TCP with webtraf

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Alhussein Abouzeid wrote:
> Does anybody know what it takes to make webtraf.{cc,h,tcl} work with Full
> TCP. Also, can someone shed some light on why the current implementation
> cannot use Full TCP.
>
> The reason Full TCP maybe more realistic is that it might be important to
> take into account the connection establishment phase of TCP when simulating
> short web transfers, which can be achieved when using Full TCP.

Hi,

I'm not completely sure that this is the correct way of doing it, but how
about, modifying alloc-tcp and alloc-tcp-sink webtraf.cc and instead of
Agent/TCP/Reno use Agent/TCP/FullTcp .. Then, just above, in launch-req
you need to make the two sinks to listen, so after

$ns connect $ctcp $csnk   insert
$csnk listen

and a few lines below, after

$ns connect $stcp $ssnk   insert
$ssnk listen

On top of your tcl script put
Trace set show_tcphdr_ 1

and the tracefile should, hopefully, have the extra info..

The format of the basic tracefile is documented at
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/node220.html and the extra info at
http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/doc/node355.html (the heading should read
Two-Way Trace TCP Trace Dynamics) ..

HTH,