Re: [ns] 404 on Greis ns page

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Eric Weigle wrote:

> Leonard Miller wrote:
> > In case you didn't hear about this already, the Greis page on ns
> > recommended in the Ns manual as a tutorial is not there any more.
> To which tutorial are you referring? I have no trouble viewing the following two
> links (which I thought were the "Greis tutorial"):
>
> http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/tutorial/index.html
> http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/tutorial/index.html

(tch, government employees.)

I think his point was more 'update the documentation'. At least, that
would have been my point. Chapter 1, page 10 (these days).

There really ought to be a preamble warning that any printed copy may
be out of date and saying 'where can I get new versions of this
documentation?' and a page with nothing but:

     http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/

on it in SCREAMINGLY BIG LETTERS. No-one seems to notice the url at
the bottom of the cover page...

(tch, moany Brits who can't be arsed to fix their latex system to
 build the docs and do the suggested fix themselves.)

L.

http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-documentation.html
last updated 1 September 2000. 317 pages.