Re: [ns] Queue monitoring in a lan

First of all, a LAN is a node, at least for the trace objects. Therefore you
will not attach the queue monitor to a real pair of node but more to the LAN and
the node; wich is going to be the ifq_ of the node. However methods for monitors
probably won't work with VLinks and LanNodes, so you will need to get your hands
dirty a little bit...

>Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 14:36:17 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Neeraj - Khandelwal <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: [ns] Queue monitoring in a lan
>

>Hi all
>   I am trying to meaasure the average queue delays over all the nodes in
>an ethernet setup under ns. since the ethernet setup is not a typical link
>to link setup but a shared medium one, how should I be measuring the queue
>delays at evry node without making a queuemonitor object for each pair of
>nodes. is there a cleaner way to do this?
>

>I read the 13th chapter of the manual that says that the lan setup
>basically uses the geneeral Queue object described in chapter 7. If I can
>somehow attach the queuemonitor to each queue at each node (rather than
>each pair of nodes) and use get-delay-samples or something similar then
>I might be able to measure the queuing delays...
>
>thanks for any help,
>Neeraj

Tarik