Re: [ns] Binaries for TCL/TK?

>John, thanks for the hint "We don't have any solaris 8 machines
>here..."  Taking this cue, I logged on to a different workstation (I'm
>using Exceed from a PC) that has SunOS 5.6 and gcc version 2.95.2.  The
>configuring, making, etc. since has been quite reliable and the few
>snags were not too hard to figure out.  Both ns and nam (the latest
>snapshots) are up and running.  The validation of ns is really
>impressive.
>
>Some nitpicky feedback on the ns and nam configuration scripts:  when I
>first ran  ./configure without any options, the path to tclcl wasn't
>obvious to the machine and the configuration failed, giving a message to
>use the option "--with-TclCL=path/to/files" (or something close to
>this).  Note the capitalization in this message--since Unix is sensitive
>to case, I followed the instruction in this message literally but
>without success until, after inspecting the configuration.in file, I
>found out that the option actually should be "--with-tclcl=path...."
>
>Again, thanks for the hint.

Glad things worked out.  If you (or others) with Solaris 8 boxes want
to try out it out, we'd like to know any portability snags.  Of
course, since tcl-8.0 is a snag to start with, this means building ns
from pieces which isn't as easy as all-in-one.

Thanks for the tclcl error message bug; it's now been fixed.

   -John Heidemann