Re: [ns] SYN in TCP/Reno

>I am simulating file-transfer using the TCP/Reno implementation. The problem is
>that this implementation doesn't send the intial SYN-command on setup.

It is possible to run the one-way TCP with syn_ and delay_growth_
set to true, to somewhat more accurately model the initial SYN
exchange.

These are described in tcp.h as follows:
        int syn_;               /* 1 for modeling SYN/ACK exchange */
        int delay_growth_;      /* delay opening cwnd until 1st data recv'd */

With syn_ set to true, the first packet is of size tcpip_base_hdr_size_.

The defaults are as follows:

Agent/TCP set syn_ false
Agent/TCP set delay_growth_ false

This is illustrated in the validation test "./test-all-tcp-init-win"
in tcl/test.

- Sally
http://www.aciri.org/floyd/