Re: [ns] Info about ns..

MPLampS may be an actual IETF draft, but it is a spoof, an April Fools
joke.  The announcement and summary of this draft is given below.

--Len Miller

From: [email protected]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bala-mplamps-00.txt
To: IETF-Announce: ;

--NextPart

directories.

        Title           : MPLampS: Electricity over IP (with an MPLS
control
                          plane)
        Author(s)       : B. Rajagopalan
        Filename        : draft-bala-mplamps-00.txt
        Pages           : 7
        Date            : 11-Sep-00

Mostly Pointless Lamp Switching (MPLampS) is an architecture for
carrying electricity over IP (with an MPLS control plane). MPLampS
has the potential to dramatically lower the price, ease the
distribution and usage, and improve manageability of delivering
electricity. This draft is motivated by such drafts as SONET/SDH
over IP/MPLS [2,3] (with apologies to their authors). Readers of
the previous drafts have been observed scratching their heads and
muttering, 'What next?'. This draft answers that question.
This draft has also been written as a public service. It was
recently announced that the routing area will consider work items of
the form 'foo-over-MPLS'. There are possibly many who are wondering
how to exploit this opportunity and write random drafts to achieve
prominence in the MPLS area. This draft illustrates the key
ingredients that go into producing any 'foo-over-MPLS' draft and may
be used as a template for all such work.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bala-mplamps-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-bala-mplamps-00.txt".

Satish Kumar wrote:

> > Dear partners
> > I want to use ns for simulating the functionality of MPLAmbdaS. Do you
> > know if it supports it?
> >
> > Best regards
> > Tziouvaras Chrysostomos
> > ICS Researcher
> >

> I dont know what exactly MPLAmbdaS means. Contributed code for MPLS is
> available if that's of any relevance!
>
> Satish

Leonard E. Miller, Wireless Commun. Technologies Group
    National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
    100 Bureau Drive Stop 8920, Bldg. 820, Room 445
    Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899-8920
Phone: 301-975-8018        Fax: 301-590-0932
email: [email protected], [email protected]
http://w3.antd.nist.gov/wctg/