[ns] Packet format

Hello ns users,

I would like to know if it is possible to change the format of packet
within a queue.
e.g.
incoming format packet X ----> queue + processing ----> outgoing format
packet Y

My problem is : do I need to make the entry of the queue the endpoint of
incoming packets and "create" new outgoing packets going to the final
destination or can I just specify to change the format, and how can ns
react in terms of event scheduling for the simulations (packets are
associated to events, no ?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Laurent Ciavaglia
begin:vcard
n:Ciavaglia;Laurent Silvio
tel;cell:+ 33 6 14 09 40 86
tel;work:+ 33 1 69 63 47 23
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.alcatel.com
org:Alcatel CRC;Unit� des R�seaux Photoniques (URP)
adr:;;Route de Nozay;Marcoussis;Essonne;91;France
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
title:El�ve Ing�nieur-Chercheur
fn:Laurent Silvio Ciavaglia